Plantar Fasciitis Taping – Is it Effective?
If you suffer with plantar fasciitis, chances are, trying to find effective pain relief can be a long and winding road. When I suffered with plantar fasciitis, the pain would hit me as soon as I took my first steps in the morning. I can only describe the pain that I used to feel as something like walking on shards of broken glass. And the further I got into my day, the worse my plantar fasciitis pain got!
Quite a few people have asked me via the contact page about how effective plantar fasciitis taping really is, and what is the best way to apply the tape. The truth is, plantar fasciitis taping didn’t really help me personally, but I have heard a lot of good things about it and there are plenty of positive testimonials regarding it.
Before I get into the technical details, understand this…many people apply their plantar fasciitis tape the wrong way. Don’t be one of them! All you have to do is follow these step-by-step plantar fasciitis taping instructions and you won’t go wrong.
Best Plantar Fasciitis Taping Technique in 6 Steps
1. The first thing to do is “anchor” a strip of 1.5 inch tape surrounding the rear of your heel, down both sides of your foot and underneath the start of your toe bones.
2. Starting with your little toe, apply the tape in a diagonal direction, wrapping the tape around the heel and then down the side, finishing back at your little toe.
3. Then repeat this technique, but this time start at your big toe.
4. Then, apply the tape in the shape of a diagonal cross over your arch (3 times from your little toe to the opposite side of your heel and vice-versa).
5. Now it’s time to completely cover any remaining exposed parts of your foot by tearing individual strips of tape and applying them one at a time. Remeber to avoid applying any plantar fasciitis tape on the top of your foot.
6.The final step is to reinforce the taping around the heel by applying two more strips around the back of the heel.
You now have a perfectly taped foot which should help to relieve your plantar fasciitis pain. Try it out for yourself and let me know if you have any questions. As I said, this technique didn’t really help me when I suffered with plantar fasciitis. However, there are many people who have benefited from this plantar fasciitis taping technique.